You say that you’re ‘just saying.’
But why the need to add
‘Just saying’ to what you’ve just ‘just said’?
I thought that you just had
Just said what you had wanted to,
So why, I’m not quite sure
You’re telling me that you’re ‘just saying.’
Why ‘just say’ any more?
We’re all ‘just saying’ what we’ve just said.
To add ‘just saying’ means nowt.
So, can I ask you nicely
Just to try and cut it out?
If you don’t think your view
Will get across what you’re conveying
Perhaps you should refrain from saying.
So, don’t ‘just say.’
© Carol Ann Wood
Index of Posts:
- Jealousy Is Such A Negative Thing
- I Do Not Have To Justify
- Do I know Who I Am?
- Anyone Can Write A Poem.
- Granny Gets the Sex Toy
- Things That Were Never Okay
- For Dominic
- Your Aunty’s Pussy
- The Late, Late Train
- Winter Bollocks
- To My Unborn Grandson
- An Angry Poem
- Keep The Home Fires Burning
- Scribo Ergo Sum
- I’ll Ride Where I like
- You Are Old Said The Mail
- I Must Be Silenced
- Anyone Can write A Poem
- Second Rate 1972
- Keep Write On: How this writer regained the power of words.
- Welcome to Birmingham New Street Station
- Just Saying …
- Mind. The. Gap.
- Are you ‘Beach Body’ ready?
- Food Porn And ‘Healthy Options’
- Falling Off My Bathroom Scales
- Ticking boxes: Students, not customers!
- Warriors Of The Keyboard
- The Final Curtain?
- As Long As I Care To Remember
- Conflict and Resolution: The way we react to localised conflict can affect our attitudes towards the wider world
My bespoke poetry service, Diverse Verse
About the author
Contact the author
Follow Carol Ann Wood on Twitter
Levelling the Playing-Field: Carol’s football-related blog
Only in Erinsborough Carol Ann’s fun look at the lives and loves of the characters from the Australian soap, Neighbours
Please note that any advertisements which appear below these posts are placed there by a WordPress algorithm. They are not indicative of any endorsement by the author.